The Frankfort Community Unit School District #168 is accepting letters of interest to fill the vacancy resulting from the resignation of Mr. John Butler.
The individual selected will serve as a Member of the Board of Education from the date of their swearing-in until the Organizational Meeting following the April 2023 Consolidated Election [105 ILCS 5/10-10 and Board Policy 2:70].
To be eligible for consideration a person must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment;
- Be a registered voter;
- Not be a child sex offender;
- Not hold another incompatible public office;
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District;
- Not be a member of the Regional Board of School Trustees of Franklin-Johnson-Massac-Williamson Counties;
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment.
Applicants should show familiarity with the Board’s policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a Board and a Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest, ethics, and gift ban. The Board’s policies are available on its website at www.wfschools.org.
Any eligible resident of the School District who is interested in being considered for the position must submit a letter of interest in person or via U.S. Mail to be received at the Administrative Service Center no later than 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 5, 2022.
Submittals and questions should be directed to:
Mr. Keith Griffith, President
Frankfort CUSD #168 Board of Education
900 North Cherry Street
West Frankfort, IL 62896